Saturday 30 April 2011

Rosemary, Sage, Tomato and Flax Crackers...




I wanted to come up with a "nut-less" Cracker... 
So, I did. They are fantastic! 



Ingredients...

Pre-heat oven to 180c
1 1/2 cups Flax Meal
3 tbsp Chai seeds
1 tbsp chopped Sage
1 tbsp chopped Rosemarry
10 semi dried Tomatoes
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
2 tbsp Poppy seeds
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 white of an egg




 Ingredients...



 1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whiz until balling form.



 2. Your mix will now be looking like this.



 3. With your hands first make a square out of your mix and push out as much as possible. (I placed glad wrap on my bench first and then my mix).



 4. Place another layer of glad wrap over your cracker dough. Roll out until very thin.



 5. Remove layer of glad wrap and cut out your crackers.



6. Place your crackers on greased oven trays and bake for around 25 minutes. I pulled my crackers out every 4 minutes and turned them over. Each oven is different so just ensure to watch your crackers carefully. My oven is well older than I am. New ovens will crisp them up much faster!


I Love these! 
I hope you do as well.
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment